Placement of Fire extinguisher in FC??

Find out how to join Rotary Enthusiasts of the ACT and general information.

Moderator: Moderators

Topic author
90gtr-x
Monster Port

Placement of Fire extinguisher in FC??

Postby 90gtr-x » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:57 am

Just wondering is CAMS has any stipulations for placement of Fire extinguishers in street driven vehicles. I am thinking of bolting it to the floor behind the passenger seat as its well out of the way there, but don't want to drill holes through the floor if scutineers demand that it needs to be somewhere else..

Jen
REACT CLUB MEMBER

Re: Placement of Fire extinguisher in FC??

Postby Jen » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:43 am

90gtr-x wrote:Just wondering is CAMS has any stipulations for placement of Fire extinguishers in street driven vehicles. I am thinking of bolting it to the floor behind the passenger seat as its well out of the way there, but don't want to drill holes through the floor if scutineers demand that it needs to be somewhere else..

No rules as far as I'm aware, I don't think rally cars are treated differently? Mine's mounted just in front of the passenger seat (under their knees) for easy access.
aka Tweety

revolution7
Peripheral Port

Postby revolution7 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:20 pm

I'm not sure if it's actually a CAMS rule but being able reach it quickly and possibly without having to undo a harness etc. could come in handy.

Scotty

Adam Davey
Turbo Peripheral Port

Postby Adam Davey » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:09 pm

Have to agree with that - wherever you mount it, make sure it is very easy to get to in a hurry! And then pray you never have to use it :wink:

Return to “REACT Enquiries”